Monday 10 October 2011

Ally Pally Knitting & Stitching Show






















Hi all! I'm sorry to say I have neglected my blog slightly due to my non stop preparations for The Knitting & Stitching Show. The good news is it's all over now, so I shall be back to my former blogging self!

The Knitting and Stitching Show was a good experience. I'm not sure that grannies are quite my target market as my work is quite contemporary, but I met lots of great people, recieved lots of positive feedback, sold some goods and even got some tweets and blogposts along the way!

Unfortunately, I wasn't able to have a proper look around the show myself. The most I could do was have a very brisk walk through the stalls-quite hard when there are lot of slow paced oldies walking through at the same time! Despite manning the stall by myself for 3 out of the 4 days, I had some lovely (not to mention very talented) neighbours in the form of The Linen Tree, Lost Emporium and Heart Zeena to help along the way.

I also attended a 'Craft social' at Drink, Shop, Do, organised by the crafty duo of
Mr X Stitch and Perri Lewis, on the Friday night. Despite recognising very few people, I knew alot of them through their online presence! Many of them had tweeted or blogged about me, so it was great to put a face to the name. I still can't get over how nice everyone was. I'm so used to the pretentious and intimidating world of Illustration, so it was such a breath of fresh air!

Now that it's all over, I feel like I have made some new contacts and lovely friends. I shall keep my eyes peeled for any email of opportunities and events that will come my way. In the meantime I am going to take a few days off to unwind, be social and get organised, but then it's back to work for me!

4 comments:

  1. Hey lovely Tugba! We did have a lovely time :) Great post - hope you're enjoying a bit of r&r - god knows we deserve it! Mary x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I visited your stand at the show and absolutely love your work! It really is stunning. I bought one of your lovely brooch making kits and can't wait to use it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I couldn't relax properly once it was over, but a month on, now I think I'm a little too relaxed! :) Hope you are all well and rested too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Fran! Glad you liked it. Let me know how you get on with the brooch making kit. It would be nice to get some feedback and also see your lovely creation! x

    ReplyDelete