Thursday 3 January 2013

Happy New Year Everyone!

Happy New Year to all! Hope you're feeling refreshed and ready for the new year!

As it's the time for resolutions, I thought I would share a few of mine with you all.

1.) Make, not buy. I have always made things instead of buying here possible, but this year, I'm going to take it a step further! Seeing as 99% of all the clothes I buy need altering in one way or another, I have decided to make (most) of my clothes this year. That way, I will avoid having a build up of clothes I don't really need or like any more. Obviously, I'll still buy some bits (tights, underwear and things!) but I want to aim to make around 80% of all that I wear this year! Despite dressmaking being more expensive than buying (most of the time) and most definitely more time consuming, it's a labour of love. Not only will it help me develop my newly discovered dressmaking skills, but will also have lots of one of a kind garments! I have already complete a pair of trousers, and I LOVE them! Picture to come soon, but in the meantime, here's a picture from the pattern I made them up from.



2.) Learn to Crochet. It's a craft I have never been able to get the knack of. I really want to have a craft skill that I can do one public transport, as I spend alot of time on trains. Even though I usually use this time to read, it's always nice to mix it up a little.

3.) Give Illustration a Shot. Despite being 'trained' in it, I never really gave it a real shot. I love it as much as I do my sewing and other crafts, so I have started to build up a new portfolio of work (separate from my embroidery work). Here's one I JUST finished!


4.) Travel. Since my American adventure in August, I have wanted to get away from London more often. If not for good. SO, even if it doesn't happen this year, I would like to plan another trip and possibly live somewhere for 3 months - 1 year.

Quite ambitious resolutions, but I think that's a good place to start.


No comments:

Post a Comment